Friday, November 26, 2021

Traveling Drum Kit

 I had the inspiration yesterday to craft a traveling mesa from an antique suitcase.


I first measured Thrum to make sure I got one large enough for the task. I figured I needed a minimum of 18" of space inside, and this beautiful old Samsonite suitcase perfectly fits the bill. It even had the original hangers that go with it. The only thing missing is the key.

I have Thrum, my " drumstick", an effigy of my spirit guide Kutcha, a Nordic shaman effigy, a mesa cloth, clam shell for incense, a turtle to represent Turtle Island / Gaia, and a small spirit bell inside.

I plan to find a miniature weather vane to go in there on my next shopping trip.

Most of the items inside are antiques, so they have a resonance of deep time and history to them.

I think I will put up a board in the back with pictures of some of my ancestors as well, and likely a physical copy of Sacred Hoop magazine and a book o







n shamanic drumming.

We'll see what comes to me from the Universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment