Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Healers' Bridge...

I'm reading an article in the current Sacred Hoop magazine. It's called "The Miracle of the Humming Bird." In it, the author states that Native American healers must have been wounded themselves, and have healed themselves. They also must somehow be a bridge between two worlds.

In 2008, my Astrologer read my chart, and told me that everything in it pointed to me becoming some kind of healer.

To put this in perspective from my personal frame of reference, I'll give you a bit of background on my personal relationship with astrology. My wife is a very successful astrologer. She did my birth chart soon after we met. Apparently, I was born under a "grand stellium" in Aquarius in the 1960's. I have my sun and six planets in Aquarius. (Thankfully my Moon is in Aries, which helps balance things somewhat.) I have been reading about astrology myself for a long time here and there. As a child, I immediately identified with the song Aquarius from the musical Hair.

As to woundings and self-healings, there have been several. I prefer to keep those things private.

As to bridging two worlds, I have long held the belief that one of my missions, perhaps my most important mission in this life, is to bridge the worlds of nature- based spirituality and science/technology.

In a way, this requires bridging past and future, in other ways, I must bridge intuition with analytical thinking. It is just in writing this article that this realization begins to truly coalesce.

The sheer scale of the task is daunting. These worlds are drastically different aspects of Humanity. They are akin to two of the four directions, or two of the four elements as embodied in the nature of our species. Still, everything points in this direction, every sign, every omen, my entire personal history.

I recognize several talents I have been granted by Creator that should help with this task. I am extremely literate and widely-read in both the sciences and spirituality. I have a great memory, and keen intelligence. I have been fascinated with technology since childhood, and have long been employed in the high-tech sector of the economy. I connect strongly with Spirit and heart through writing and reading poetry. I have a very strong streak of inventiveness and creativity running through me. Perhaps there are other things I'm not overtly recognizing.

If this is truly my task in this life, it is one that must be approached with great care and sensitivity. I need to meditate carefully on this.

Already the Aquarian wellspring of ideas is flashing something in my head. Perhaps it's just the cigar smoke, but I wonder if a computer program that assists with ceremonies might be a gift to Humanity just for starters. Hmmm.

I also have to wonder if ego is looming too large. I don't want to be arrogant or a know-it-all. I know a LOT, and well, but not everything by any means. I certainly don't think I could accomplish such a task alone. Perhaps I can find the seeds of such a path, and plant them...

Wow.

Thank you for reading.

Dan

Words are the mind's bridge - its connection to all the universe.
Love is the heart's bridge - its connection to all other souls.
Loving words can work miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment